Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Im in London. I still find it fascinating that you can access all your info from wherever your are. The internet is indeed a wonderful tool. Mike and I have come down to London to sort out his visa for his Philippine trip. He will be staying with his dad over in the Philippines for quite a while to aid his recovery and also to get to see his dad, who he hasn't seen for over 15 years now. I'm pleasantly surprised at the price of hotels in London. We are staying just over from Kensington Park. A nice hotel, lovely swimming pool, etc. and only 59 pounds per night per room, including brekkie. We arrived on Sunday and booked into a Thistle Hotel which was about 110 pounds per night but they could only fit us in for the one night. I'm quite pleased about this, as we went for a walkabout and found loads of hotels much cheaper, but equally as good. I'm also gobsmacked that they still having smoking rooms. All the hotels have a choice of smoking or non smoking rooms - apparently as they are privately owned property, the rooms can still be smokers rooms - not in the bar or restaurant. I don't smoke personally, but my hubby does and finds it against his civil liberties not to be allowed to smoke. He's happy to choke me to death though! I'm only joking - it has never really been an issue for me. I've never been a smoker, but other people smoking has never bothered me. Everyone to their own. I am teaching hubby how to use email so he can email me from the Philippines instead of phoning. He is also going to be reading my blog so I better be nice. lol.
Hope you are reading this Nicola, cos I'm only updating it cos you said you read my blog!! lol.

No comments: